Dave Russell – Director
“I aim to build ongoing relationships with my clients by providing them with a high quality of service, design and documentation. Prior to starting Urban Design Solutions I spent 14 years honing my skills in the New England and Mid North Coast regions of New South Wales and 18 months in Brisbane. I have extensive experience in the residential sector in both private residential and medium density housing, along with exposure to various project types in the commercial, education, public building and retirement living sectors.”
Dave was born in Tamworth, completed his tertiary studies at Queensland TAFE’s open learning division (while starting his career at the same time) and received his Diploma in Architectural Technology in 2004. In 1997 Dave moved from Tamworth to Port Macquarie and worked in a small Architectural firm until 2008. During that time he developed both his technical and managerial skills, working his way into a senior management role as the firm grew. In February of 2008 Dave moved to Brisbane, taking a position as a senior architectural draftsperson within a medium size firm, gaining further experience in the residential and retirement living sectors.
Our Approach to Design
Urban Design Solutions believes in the following core design principals from which the end result is a building that reflects the client’s needs and desires – a place in which they simply love to be… a home not just a house:
- A strong focus on responding to each client’s goals and desires, while balancing these with the intended budget.
- Our unique Design by collaboration process where we work together with the Client to achieve the best results.
- Sound design principles with an emphasis on form and proportion.
Our Approach to Documentation
Urban Design Solutions maintains a high standard of drafting and documentation. We aim to provide our clients with a set of documents exceeding industry standard in quality and accuracy. In order to ensure our high standards are met, we adhere to the following principals:
- Check measuring existing work as necessary against supplied drawings for alteration and addition projects.
- All documentation produced in accordance with our CAD manual and checklists.
- Double and triple checking of documents before issuing.
- Coordination with other consultants and authorities.
Urban Design Solutions understands the importance of the many influences on building design and documentation including:
- Time and cost
- Specific site requirements
- Council and other authority requirements
- Consultant liaisons
- Clear and concise communication
- Environmental sustainability and energy efficiency
- Creation of healthy and happy living environments for occupants
A Holistic Approach
Urban Design Solutions works closely with consultants in various areas so we can offer you a holistic approach to design. We have built strong relationships with the following:
- Interior Designers
- Landscape Designers
- Energy Efficiency Consultants
- Private Certifiers