Dave Russell – Director
UDS was founded in August 2009 by Dave Russell with the vision of providing an intimate design service. The focus is on the residential sector with new homes, renovations and multi-residence dwellings making up the majority of briefs.
Prior to Urban Design Solutions, Dave held several different positions in design firms in Tamworth, Port Macquarie and Brisbane. The diverse requirements of these geographical environments have given him a broader appreciation of design options than if he had always worked in one place.
Today Urban Design Solutions has a team of seven people made up of designers, drafts people and admin staff. The team’s focus is to make clients happy by ensuring they listen to the client and give them what they want and what they expect.
Dave is known for his mission statement:
“Our job is to make everyone else’s job easy. We do this by providing plans with clarity, accuracy and consistency.”
Our Approach to Design
Urban Design Solutions believes in the following core design principals from which the end result is a building that reflects the client’s needs and desires – a place in which they simply love to be… a home not just a house:
- A strong focus on responding to each client’s goals and desires, while balancing these with the intended budget.
- Our unique Design by collaboration process where we work together with the Client to achieve the best results.
- Sound design principles with an emphasis on form and proportion.
Our Approach to Documentation
Urban Design Solutions maintains a high standard of drafting and documentation. We aim to provide our clients with a set of documents exceeding industry standard in quality and accuracy. In order to ensure our high standards are met, we adhere to the following principals:
- Check measuring existing work as necessary against supplied drawings for alteration and addition projects.
- All documentation produced in accordance with our CAD manual and checklists.
- Double and triple checking of documents before issuing.
- Coordination with other consultants and authorities.
Urban Design Solutions understands the importance of the many influences on building design and documentation including:
- Time and cost
- Specific site requirements
- Council and other authority requirements
- Consultant liaisons
- Clear and concise communication
- Environmental sustainability and energy efficiency
- Responding to existing building constraints
- Creation of healthy and happy living environments for occupants