Bring your thoughts and ideas to us along with information about your site and discuss your dreams with us.
At our first meeting the objective is to discover your dream by examining your lifestyle and seeking to understand exactly what you both need and want from your new home. It’s important for us to understand the way you want to live in your new home.
You may be an outdoor family so decks, covered areas, landscaping and connectivity with the outdoors will be important. You may be more of an indoors family and need several different internal spaces to cater for teenagers, home office or hobbies.
Based on your personal style, your likes, dislikes and vision ideas, the site of both the house and the block – and of course your budget – we work closely with you to create a design you will love and be proud to call home.
Design and Documentation
This is a 3 – 5 stage process tailored to each client individually:
- The starting point is the pre design stage including the initial conversations, fee proposal and formulating a design brief.
- From there the sketch design or preliminary documentation stage begins and following the design brief closely, the building is designed with consideration to the unique challenges of the individual site.
- Next comes the design development stage where the building design is “massaged” to the client’s requests, Development Approval (DA) plans are created if required.
- Once the design is finalised we proceed to the documentation stage where a set of construction documents are completed ready for lodging for Building Approval (BA) and construction.
- Additional detailing (optional).
This service is for those who already have a building design or a very clear idea of their expectations, and are looking for documentation services only. This could reasonably be compared to stages 3 and 4 of the above with the design development stage becoming more of a design review and recommendation service.
Additional Services Include:
Interior and Landscape Design
While the structural elements of design, the walls, floors and roof are the major part of the project, the structure is incomplete without considering the interior design elements of colour, finish and fabric, and the external landscaping elements of trees, shrubs, lawns and entertaining environments.
So you can enjoy a completely harmonious living environment that matches your family’s lifestyle requirements, we also provide the options of both interior and landscape design.
Energy Efficiency and Sustainability In Design
An energy efficient home is designed in such a way as to provide shade and allow cooling breezes to penetrate the house in summer, while taking advantage of the sun’s warmth in winter, thus reducing cooling and heating costs considerably.
To us, energy efficiency and sustainability is not about points or stars, it is a broad concept we incorporate into all of our designs to provide the best possible living environment for our clients.
The concept of sustainable design is now a new one, in fact the traditional Queenslander home is a prime example of a design that used orientation, ventilation, shading and building materials to make them naturally cooler in summer & warmer in winter.
Key aspects to consider in a sustainable home include:
- Solar orientation
- Window shading
- Capturing natural breezes
- Room zoning
- Outdoor living
- Efficient fixtures and fittings (water &and electricity)
- Ongoing maintenance of building materials
- Use of natural, chemical free products where practical
Urban Design Solutions has built strong relationships with complimentary services and provide a project management service, where we liaise with the relevant consultants on your behalf. This takes the stress out of the process to make it as smooth as possible. Consultants include:
- Town Planners
- Energy Efficiency Consultants
- Private Certifiers
To ensure workmanship is up to the standards you expect with quality design, we provide a construction inspection service where we will assess workmanship and variations to the design.
How to Book Your Obligation Free Initial Consultation
To book your initial obligation-free Consultation with Urban Design Solutions, please call us on (07) 3399 3469 or complete our contact form and we will get back to you within 1 working day.
If you would like to give us more details of your proposed project, you can;
If you would like to fill out a design brief, you can;